Photobucket

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Getting ready







Okay so maybe I am ready!!! We started pulling out the decor before Thanksgiving!





I got a little crafty over the weekend and decided to make something for our big foyer window. Two hours later in Michael's I got a cart full of stuff and came up with this! Now Mr. Snowman came that way (except for his bird) but everything else was put together with the help with my nifty glue gun!





Oh and lets talk about this little one she can't keep her paws off of anything. I suppose there isn't a way to child proof our trees? (yes I said trees- we do have several trees :o)





She goes missing throughout the day several times. Usually taking ornaments off and sticking them in her pockets or under the couch. Not sure what she is stuffing them away for.





Hope you all had a wonderful weekend of relaxing, eating and of course decorating!! :o)



2 comments:

Indiri Wood said...

To child proof the Christmas trees my mother used to put the *tree* in the playpen. This had the added benefit of also keeping the pets out of the tree, too.

Otherwise use craft wire instead of ornament hangers and actually twist them onto the branch. Oh, and use a hot glue gun to secure the tops of the ornaments on (so you don't end up with just a top tied to the tree).

On the other hand, she is pretty freakin' adorable running around with the Christmas stuff... :)

Erin W said...

Thanks Sara I will have to try that!! I have been twisting those suckers into the branches so they are harder for her to get off...but now she is slowly gaining interest into all the presents! I know one day I am going to turn around and she is going to have half of them ripped open! lol! :o)